Spring Nail Art- Zig Zags and Chevrons

Hi Glambitous Beauties! Its Giana! So i really have been into 2012 Spring Fashion trends. Just so i can pick up all the right pieces for my next trip to the mall! As i was scrolling through websites i saw a lot of zigzags and chevrons. Check it out here!
http://www.fashionologie.com/Spring-2012-Trends-19102109?page=0,0,5#5


Anyways i thought about how cute it would be to incorporate a nail art design for this adorable trend! So i got to work! (scroll down to see final product)

Products used:



 To complete this look i used Avon nailwear pro polish in shade NO2O Viva Pink, Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening base and top coat, Sally Hansen Ultimate shield base and top Coat, and Nail Art Fine Tip Nail Polish in black.








Step 1:

Using the Sally Hansen Double Duty i applied this as my base coat, feel free to apply anyone you prefer. I then let it dry for 2-3 minutes.

Step 2:

I then painted on my base color (Avon Viva Pink). I painted on two coats.

Step 3:

The tight zig zags. You will be doing this step on every other finger. I reccomend when your painting with your non dominant hand to do the tight zig zags on the index and pointer. This is because this step is harder and you would be doing it on two nails instead of 3. 



 On the side of your nail, create a diagonal line going upwards. Tip- use light brush strokes. 











From here create a v shape, using light brush strokes create a downwards diagonal line. 


Keep repeating this process until you reach the other side of your nail. 






Step 4:


Now for the chevrons ( chevrons are wide zig zags.)


I created two v's using the nail art brush. Like shown above. I then filled in the space between them.


Step 5:


Now finish with a top coat to prevent your zig zags from chipping away! And now you are done! :) Make sure you don't get discouraged, it took me a few trys to get the zig zags and chevrons. And feel free to use what ever colors you choose!

Final Product:
Here is what I came up with! I hope you all like it! Leave a comment telling me your favorite spring trend!


Remember keep trying until you get it! Leave a comment below or email us at GlamCity2@gmail.com  if you  have any requests, comments, or questions. Lastly don't forget to Follow! If you do not have a blogger account you can always subscribe by email below. 


Have a Glamolicious Day!

-Giana













No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Glam City © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects